The evolution of technology is at an all-time high. Businesses and individuals must keep up with the competition by completing tasks quickly and efficiently. Streamlining a business’ operations must begin in the sales department.
Why do “sales-to-cash processes” need to be automated?
Paper processes require multiple touch points – from the customer to the sales team and from legal representation to the finance department. Each point presents an opportunity for the process to stall.
Sales-to-cash automation gets rid of unwieldy manual tasks and helps you in the following ways:
- Eliminates the manual input of data
- Increases the accuracy of data, thus minimizing disputes
- Reduces operational costs
- Speeds up the customer ordering and billing processes
- Resources are allocated to value-adding tasks
- Paper elimination leads to reduced environmental impact
By automating the sales-to-cash processes, your business can realize its objectives in the following ways:
- Identifying and managing more opportunitiesOnce repetitive administration tasks are automated, staff is better placed to identify leads and monitor them. Tasks and new leads can be automatically assigned and assignees will be notified of the task and subsequent task reminders, thus enhancing accountability.
- Auto-generation of sales proposalsWith paper processes, the sales proposal process involves the acquisition of unstructured data that must be internally scrutinized before finally being handed over to the potential customer. These processes provide greater accuracy due to the elimination of human error.
- Intelligent routing, approval and archiving of sales proposals.Once the proposal is generated, the system directs it to the legal department who ensures that terms such as contract length and pricing are suitable. After the approval, the contract is signed, and the system archives it for future reference.
This is an effective way of meeting increased demand and streamlining work. Ultimately, the positive impact automated processes have on a business surpasses its challenges.
If you want to know more about how workflow and content automation can help to control sales-to-cash processes, click the link below for more information.