It is a myth for small to midsize businesses to think that focusing on customer experience is not important for them right now. The truth is that you can’t afford to not give time and careful attention to creating the best experience possible for your customers. Those experiences are what will keep customers coming or send customers running out the doors. It can also be the difference between making exponentially more money and losing twice the amount you make.
According to the Harvard Business Review, “Customers who’ve had great experiences spend 140% more compared to those who’ve had poor experiences.” Customers today not only want great experiences, they want experiences that are customized for them. Addressing their direct needs at the right time and place is good for them and good for your business.
Small to midsize businesses have to juggle two worlds: supporting digital experiences on top of established interpersonal ones and supporting an omnichannel strategy which is typically easier for larger competitors.
Here are 5 ways you can improve your existing customer experience and drive growth through profitable sales:
- Understand how customer experience extends beyond the initial sale. If your business grows beyond the point of being handled by a few people or by the CEO, it may be time to pass on some of that CX responsibility to others.
- Make it easy to engage with your company and work to anticipate needs. Customers want their experience to match their rapidly changing demands and one of the best ways to do this is by providing a self-service option.
- Create strong, personalized relationships. This means focusing on integrating personal messages across a wide range of channels and devices, making personalization actually personal.
- Prepare for “micro-moments” through a robust omnichannel strategy. Executing an optimized omnichannel strategy helps to capture those “I want-to-know,” “I want-to-do,” and “I want-to-buy” moments that have customers turning to their devices.
- Build integrated systems that scale customer experiences as you grow. Seamless integration between your front-end and back-end systems will enable all customer-facing employees to resolve issues quickly and maintain great relationships.
If you want to know more about solutions that can help improve customer experiences and drive growth, click the link below for more information.