The manufacturing process has never been and will never be an easy task. It is complex and must be handled well with many processes and proper accesses put in place. This is due to the fact that the quality of any product is a major function of the manufacturing and one of the core inputs into the manufacturing process that makes the output successful is the bill of material.
Its importance can never be overemphasized because of a number of factors which include how it helps manufacturers to customize their product list as well as convenience in packaging and the time-savings and cost-savings factor. Additionally, it encourages consistency, robust planning, it unites all business functions and makes production materials available on time.
This is the reason why any company needs a competent team to manage their Bill of Material lest they deliver bad products and ruin the reputation of their company and what better team to handle your bill of materials than Arisoft’s DelmiaWorks Enterprise solution. Here are just some of the benefits you stand to gain from implementing their services in your manufacturing company:
• Zero delay in manufacturing production
• Includes 28 manufacturing types of definitions
• Expandable to unlimited number of multi-level bills for component pieces
• Blend technology built in to handle recipes
• Supports the management and scheduling of “pre-operations” such as blending or pre-processing
• Operations can consume additional labor, overhead and unlimited materials
• Flexible units of measurement that automatically convert materials between grams, pounds and ounces
• Family tools are supported, and the system is designed to understand multiple part numbers within the same physical tool
• Real–time access and on–time insights for inventory management
• Capable to Promise (CTP) feature for accurate delivery
• Includes a conflict management feature for effective human resource management
• Provides complete revision control