Think about the reason you go to your favorite restaurant over and over again. Is it just because of the food and drinks? Probably not. Part of it is for the experience and the level of service you receive.
This is also why shoppers buy from the same stores again and again. It is not always because of the product because one can go to more than one store for any given product. It is for the experience that the store provides.
Ever since e-commerce came on the scene, marketers and retailers have been working together to create an engaging and addictive experience for their customers. All retail brands have to undergo this transformation in order to sustain their customer base and offer a frictionless shopping experience.
There are 5 ways to transform the retail business into experience business and keep customers coming back for more:
- Shift your mindset from channel first to customer first.
- Connect micro-moments to create omnichannel experiences.
- Be a storyteller first, a marketer second.
- Make your shopping experience effortless.
- Differentiate your experiences with digital innovation.