What Is Recruitment Hacking and How Do I Use It? - Download White Paper (PDF)


What Is Recruitment Hacking and How Do I Use It?

Recruitment Hacking

Ever since the 2008 recession, markets have been trying to catch up not only in terms of finances but also in terms of improving the onboarding process and the employer-employee journey. This is no different for the field of recruiting. It wasn’t until late 2014 that recovery started to happen. However, there are some niche profiles that continue to be a challenge to fill.

By 2015, we began to see the recruitment industry undergo a major paradigm shift. It quickly changed from an employer-driven market to an employee-led market. And it is expected to remain this way for at least the next 3-5 years. Even today, we see this change where traditional screening methods for candidates have been replaced by more effective candidate sourcing and conversion methods.

Hence, the term “recruitment hacking.” So, what is recruitment hacking exactly?

Recruitment hacking is “using technology, shortcuts, and new ideas to save time by eradicating/automating low-value activities so you can focus on the high-value activities that help you find and hire the right people for your business.”

Now, you’re likely asking why does an in-house recruiter need to hack?

Well, in-house recruiters are often under constant pressure to deliver the right results for the company while juggling the demands from both managers and employees and negotiating on the behalf of both. All of this is a full-time job in itself.

On average, 25% of a recruiter’s time is spent actually talking to candidates about key positions. This means that 75% of a recruiter’s time is waster on minor tasks such as checking email and administration. The idea is for recruiters to flip the switch and spend 75% of their time with candidates and the other 25% on other things.

Two key measures are necessary to do this:

#1 Number of candidate interviews (per week).

#2 Number of new hires (per week or month).

Yes, it is easier said than done. It might take some time for an in-house recruiter to get skilled in effective recruitment hacking. But you can get started by using self-service functionality, delegating some of the interview processes, deploying ideas from other industries, and asking for referrals.

To gain detailed insights into the process of recruitment hacking and how it can work for you, click the link below for more information.


Disclaimer: By downloading this whitepaper from onlinewhitepapers.com, you will automatically be subscribed to our weekly newsletter. If you do not wish to receive our weekly newsletter, please unsubscribe using the link available in the newsletter. Unsubscribing from our newsletter will not affect your ability to download future whitepapers. Thank you. ( View our email privacy policy here. )