Securing what you can see is easy. Securing what you can’t see is the Goliath in the room.
Did you know that 98% of cloud services are adopted without any IT oversight?
That is a whole lot of companies. What’s the result of this massive lack of oversight?
A shadow IT epidemic that opens the door for enterprises to experience data compromise and financial risk.
The stats about shadow IT might surprise you:
- Large enterprises (on average) use 1200+ cloud services.
- 98% of those shadows IT apps.
- 27% of discovered shadow IT apps are classified as high risk.
And according to Gartner,
- By 2020, 1/3 of successful attacks on enterprises will be leveraged on data located in shadow IT resources, including shadow Internet of Things.
- Shadow IT contributes to between 30-40% of IT spending in large enterprises.
When it comes to cloud security, demands put on IT leaders, security leaders, and business leaders are immense.
How can your company leverage the benefits of cloud transformation while enabling secure, coordinated adoption at enterprise pace?
Turns out there are 3 steps to get started:
Get full visibility:
Gain complete line of sight into app usage across locations and users.
Analyze the risk:
Understand the extent of shadow IT risk in your organization.
Optimize and secure:
Gain insights to secure your cloud use — today and tomorrow.
These three steps can help you to transform shadow IT risks into IT insights, making your organization more secure, visible, and useful.
Want to find out more about how to guard against shadow IT? Click the link below for more information.