The Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) needs a lot more integration and collaboration between health and social care organizations compared to several decades ago.
To support this increased need, WAN technologies play a critical role by ensuring security, consistency, and cost-effectiveness.
There are several providers who provide WAN technologies and who empower companies to prepare for the future by implementing technologies such as SD-WAN.
What do you need to consider while building your new WAN HSCN? You must define your parameters around three central areas:
- Operational excellence around workforce management
- Ensuring delivery around clinical and care services
- How organizations can effectively partner and collaborate in the health and care community
If you take care of these three parameters, you are much closer to being WAN HSCN ready. However, as an organization, you must adopt a system-based approach in which all these business cases are supported by common capabilities.
There are at least 5 steps that companies must undertake to be WAN HSCN WAN ready.
Here they are:
- Develop a scalable and agile architecture that is tightly integrated with business requirements
- It is very important to understand the changing requirements of the network
- Select the right WAN connectivity
- Ensure all your applications and infrastructures are secure
- Services provided should improve performance
WAN technology can easily support your move to a more secure connection system that uses emerging technologies.
If you want to know more about how WAN technology can work for you, click the link below for more information.