Cost optimization can be a massive concern for businesses migrating to new cloud infrastructures. Azure aims to offer a cost-effective cloud platform especially when cost management is done efficiently. There are quite a few things a business can do to achieve this.
- Understanding of cloud hosting needs – The first step is collecting all the facts related to your needs and wants with the Azure tool. One needs to understand what problems they are trying to solve and what resources and budgets they have to do the same.
- Implementing Azure cost data analysis – Offers an in-depth tool that helps businesses understand where their budget is being spent. this can help you realize what your costs might look like with spending forecasts. it also gives you tools to build custom dashboards to understand the metrics your business cares about.
- Having the right VMs and Storage – Azure offers the option of adjusting resource utilization to match everyday needs. this can often go to waste as users might not take time to assess the changes that might be needed. however, Azure Advisor monitors your usage and provides best practice recommendations for cost optimization.
- Choosing the right infrastructure – Azure offers various solutions that solve the same problem. The solutions can vary in prices but will differ on flexibility, availability, and management burden. This allows you to decide on your needs in tandem with your budget.
- Cost calculator – On its platform, Azure offers a pricing calculator for cost optimization. it can help a business determine costs before they implement and deploy Azure systems.
With tools and best practices in place, Azure offers companies a great tool to make the shift to cloud infrastructure systems.