As cognitive computing and technologies continue to grow into more practical real-time applications offering a high diversity of software, tools, and techniques, challenges in adoption and defining strategic differentiation remain for many organizations.
Not only are some companies experiencing difficulties transitioning infrastructure and applications from legacy to current state, but challenges are also seen within the culture and people.
Here are seven key actions your organization can take to ensure a successful cognitive and digital transformation using artificial intelligence:
1. Build business platforms for competitive advantage for increased expansion with an agile, design-thinking approach.
2. Leverage analytics, heterogeneous and proprietary data and avoid bias
3. Build your business platform for change by incorporating hybrid and open architectures as required in both networks and ecosystems.
4. Reconfigure and redesign platform workflows and customer-facing workflows in a more automated or humanized way based on AI.
5. Become more agile, remove bottlenecks and develop strategic agility that aligns with agile activities.
6. Revamp your workspace and enable AI skills to accommodate workflows and business platforms.
7. Build a secure platform to win security and trust and protect both machine and human elements.
While the cognitive era has arrived and challenges remain, it’s imperative that organizations create solid strategies to integrate new AI and cognitive capabilities with their legacy systems.
The tips noted above will help to alleviate these challenges, allowing the cognitive enterprise to use AI to redefine economies and industries.
If you want to find more about creating a cognitive enterprise with AI, click the link below for more information.