Henrico is a global IT leader in his company who is striving hard to keep up with the change in digital transformation and maintain a competitive advantage.
While most of his executive friends believe that digital transformation will continue to become an integral part of almost any enterprise, Henrico is taking active steps to identify and integrate various opportunities within his organization for technology transformation.
The year of 2017 saw the exploration of many new avenues when it came to digital transformation. Not the least of which was seeing the emergence of enterprise architecture and technology innovation move into strategic trends.
Henrico has discussed with his team the implementation of artificial intelligence and natural and immersive user experience, but these 5 technology trends will be seen even more in 2018:
1) There is a continued rise in the interest of Artificial Intelligence. According to Gartner, over 59% of businesses are still compiling details to incorporate into their AI strategy.
2) With AI tools readily available, enterprises can create analytical and smart apps such as the virtual computer assistants. These are known as intelligent apps and can completely change the way work is done.
3) Another trend that can be foreseen is intelligent things, which is when physical things leverage IoT to deliver behaviors that interact naturally with their surroundings.
4) Digital twins. Digital twins are a digital representation of a real-world system.
5) Edge computing will be the next trend to drive innovation across enterprises. It’s a computing method in which information is processed and content is collected and delivered, extremely close to the source of the information.
These and 5 other trends are bound to have a major impact on 2018. If you want to know what those additional 5 trends are, click the link below for more information.